Sunday, May 12, 2013

No Longer Alone.

 

I spent many years sad inside. On the outside you would have never known, but on the inside it was all too

lonely.

I had the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I was taught it. In words I could tell you all about it. I had a testimony that it was true. But, I did not really know it. I did not yet know my Savior. I did not truly know Him.

Heaven though knew me and knew that I needed Him. Knew that I wanted to know Him but that I did not know how.

And that is when the trials came. The burdens on my shoulders were placed to teach me. To see if I would turn to what I had been taught. To see if I would try out His promise....

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ya shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matt. 11: 28-30


And so I came. I came crawling to Him. I fell down at His feet and wept. I could not do this life alone. As hard as I tried, as tough as I tried to be, I was weak. I was tired. I was not able to do it on my own. And so I asked, "Please help me. Please. I need Thee."


No sooner did I ask, but I was given. Line upon line. Precept upon precept. Here a little and there a little. I was and am given strength beyond my own, wisdom beyond my understanding, and faith that stifles all my fears.


Is it now always easy? No.

Is now life a walk in the park? Sometimes, because He helps me see.

Is life worth living and loving? Absolutely.

Is He there for you? All you have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment