Monday, April 16, 2012

My Lemonade From Heaven (Part 2)

Part 2: "Please, let me come to earth"
(To read Part 1, go here)

I had gone off birth control. I knew now that there was a possibility that I could get pregnant. Part of me wanted to be excited about having another baby, but most of me was still upset.


In December, we decided to take a trip out to California. We took the kids to Disneyland. We stopped and played at the beach. We enjoyed every minute of it.

During the last few days of our vacation, we went to stay with Grandma. It was so relaxing. With Grandma's age, we decided it would be better to just be at home with her rather than take her out. The kids had fun spending endless hours in the surrounding orange orchard. My sweetheart just enjoyed not having any type of work to be attending to, and I curled up on the couch to do something I hadn't done in a long time.

The book sat on Grandma's end table. We Lived In Heaven was the title. It looked interesting and so I began to read.

As I read, I found that each chapter was written by a different author - each with a very different life     (different religion, background, ethnicity, etc). But,  each with one similarity. They each wrote of the account of one of their children appearing to them before they were born - most before they were even conceived.

Each story was different. There were different reasons that they children appeared to their parents, different settings, different circumstances. But, as I read I had the overwhelming sense that each of those children wanted so very  much to come to the world and wanted to be a part of that family. The  cry from each of these children was, "Please, let me come to earth. I so very much want to be a part of  your family."


With each page I read, my heart softened more.

I now understood.

It wasn't about Heavenly Father demanding I do certain things. It wasn't that He wanted me to just have endless amounts of children for no other reason but because He said so. It wasn't about that at all.

It was about this little child, who so very much wanted to come and be a part of our family. And then I could feel his presence, his love, his love for our little family. And that is when things started to change.

It's funny how our perception of our Heavenly Father can get so twisted - so incorrect. I always viewed him as an all powerful, a bit overbearing God, who made the rules because He could and that was just the way it was. A bunch of rules to be followed.

I began to realize that what our Heavenly Father asks of us is for a specific and important reason. A reason that is not at all about His powerful, almighty, rule and authority over us. But, rather out of a true divine love for us and wanting the very best for us. Our Heavenly Father cares very deeply for each and every one of us.

To be continued . . .

To read part 3 - go here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving reading your blog Mindi (I'm not done yet, though). Your words are so inspiring and humbling. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I want to read that book, We Lived in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete