Friday, April 13, 2012

Surgery & A Wonderful Day



This is me just before the surgery - lovely, huh? You can see the word "yes" the doctor wrote on my neck. Good thing he did, or I would have woken up with out a leg or something! 


I wish we would have remembered to take a picture after the surgery - but it's probably better that we didn't - who knows how scary that one would have been! 


Anyways, I turned out to be a wonderful day! From the ultrasound and biopsy they had told me it was highly likely that it was cancer. My life was completely turned upside down over the past few weeks. However, yesterday I felt like I got my life back - except now I have such a better perspective on life. I came out of surgery with only 1/2 my thyroid gone. Several different doctors looked at the lump after they removed it and they now think it is highly unlikely that it is cancer. We will know for sure within a few days. Thanks for everyone's prayers, concern, and help! I feel very loved and blessed to have you all in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment