Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nearer to God

Yesterday the pre-surgery jitters set in and I was a little bit more nervous (I'm sure  staying up late over the weekend and then over-dosing on Easter candy didn't help out either!)

But, then a wonderful thing happened. I commented on Facebook about my jitters and an outpouring of love and support and prayers filled my inbox - yet another reason that I know all will be well!

I found this video and it touched my soul. Tears come to my eyes as I watch this video and the spirit  strengthens me. I am not alone nor is my family. Angels are round about me to bear me up!




The quote by Richard G. Scott at the end, is my favorite part:


When suffering, we may in fact be nearer to God then we've ever been in our entire lives. That knowledge can turn every such situation into a would be temple. Regarding our earthly journey, the Lord has promised, 'I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left. My spirit shall be in your hearts and my angels round about you to bear you up.' That is an everlasting declaration of God's love and care for us - including and perhaps especially in times of trouble. 

------------------

To learn more about Stephanie, check out her blog: NieNieDialogues

No comments:

Post a Comment