Saturday, July 7, 2012

No Yelling


Have you ever tried going a full day without yelling? I have' and it's a little bit harder than I thought. I wouldn't have ever considered myself a big yeller, but as a mom I've found myself resorting to quick, sharp, and loud commands (aka yelling) to get quick results from my kids.

I never really liked that I was yelling, but it just crept up more and more in the way I did things.

I started really noticing my yelling, when I started reading AhaParenting. I decided that I wanted to cut yelling out of my parenting (I'm not perfect at it - but I'm doing a lot better). And, I have been so amazed at the huge effect it has had on our home, our family, and myself. My stress level has gone WAY down, I'm enjoying being a mommy so much more, and my kids are responding to me so much better (I should mention that I have replaced yelling with discussion - talking to the kids about their behavior, etc).

I think I'm going to make this no yelling thing a habit!

Image Credit: Life As I Know It

No comments:

Post a Comment